Being an absolute beginner at baking should not stop you from being amazing at your first try. A beginner baker can put one and two together to get amazingly tasty baked goods, with detailed, easy-to-follow instructions, of course.
You should not worry if you have never baked before, you can still create some delicious and sweet treats with the help of this article. There are countless baking recipes that you can learn and master the very first time you make them – in this article we will show you the 5 best and easiest baking recipes for beginners. Enjoy!
The banana bread is an easy one. It is sometimes referred to as one of the queen of easing baking especially for beginners. It preparation does not require a compulsory kind of pan, mixing process, equipment or oven. What is constant is that you have ripe bananas. The riper the bananas, the better your banana bread. It is easy to stir and whatever method and equipment you use, it comes out perfect, every time.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 65 minutes
Total: 1 hour 15 minutes
Makes: 7-10 servings
4-5 medium-size bananas
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup of unsalted butter
1 cup of sugar (granulated)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
To start with, preheat your oven to 350˚F. Then lightly grease your desired baking pan with cooking spray (a non-stick cooking spray will be perfect). To the greased pan, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar, evenly and set aside.
- Melt your butter (by placing in a bowl over hot water or better still using the microwave oven). To the melted butter, whisk in sugar until a smooth cream is obtained. Now whisk in eggs until it is well incorporated. Add vanilla, mashed banana and mix everything until it is well combined.
Be sure to sift your flour to get rid of unwanted particles.
- Combine your dry ingredients; flour, baking soda and cinnamon, in a different bowl. Gently stir the dry ingredient into the batter in step 1.
- Pour the mixture, evenly, into the pan that was prepared before now. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the remaining cinnamon sugar to the top of the batter, evenly.
- Now bake for about 65minutes (in a standard oven) or when improvising – until a chopstick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Finally, after the bread is cooked thoroughly, let it sit in the pan until it is completely cooled.
The resulting good is a classic kind of bread that is crisp and golden brown on the outside especially the top and moist in the middle. It is an entire loaf of banana flavor. Its taste is sweetened entirely, and every bite is a delight filled great satisfactions.
You do not have to throw away your over-ripe bananas. Why not make muffins? Banana Muffins are a bit similar to the banana bread but the muffin is easier, more convenient and quicker. These quick and easy banana muffins get done in less than 30minutes. Though the muffins taste just like the banana bread, it is quiet soft, lighter and more buttery in texture.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 8-10 muffins (which depends on pan size)
1 and half cup of wheat flour
3 large ripe bananas
6 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup of chocolate chips or chopped walnuts (this is absolutely optional)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup of brown sugar
1 large egg (at room temperature)
The first step is always to pre-heat your oven, this time to 425˚F. Also, use cupcake liners or spray your muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Keep this aside for later.
- In a bowl, sift then whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together. Set this aside for later. These are the dry ingredients
- In another bowl, with your electric mixer or spatula, mash the bananas well, then whisk and add in the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Mix this batter well. Now, pour the dry ingredients as it has been prepared in step 1. Beat and mix the mixture until it is well combined. If you desire to include the optional ingredient (nuts or chocolate chips), now is the time to fold them in.
The batter will be thick, so do not fright.
- Scoop the batter into the liners or pans, already sprayed. Fill them all the way to the top. At the temperature of 425˚F, bake the muffins for 5 minutes. Thereafter, lower the temperature of the oven to 350˚F and allow the muffins cook for 15 minutes more or till a skewer, inserted in the center of the muffin, comes out clean.
- Finally, once the banana muffins are ready, leave them to cool for 5minute in the pan after which you can transfer them to a wire rack so they can cool off, completely.
These banana muffins are soft and buttery. Every bite gives off the banana flavor with a gentle cinnamon spice up. If you had added chocolate chips or the chopped walnuts, you experience an awesome food adventure in the land of flavors and delight. But if not, you aren’t missing out, either. The plain banana muffins are as wonderful – brown on top and soft inside.
Chocolate Dump Cake
The name of this cake might be quite unfortunate, lol. However, the name connotes the concept and procedure involved in its making. Literally, you dump all the ingredients needed in a bowl, then pour the batter into a pan, then bake, voila!
Prep Time: 25minutes
Cook Time: 65minutes
Total Time: 1hour, 30 minutes
Makes: One 8-inch round cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
8 table spoons unsalted butter
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 brewed coffee (secret ingredient)
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
You should know, by now, that the first step is to always pre-heat the oven and this time it is to a temperature of 350˚F. then grease your baking pan.
- Just as a fore-knowledge. You need to have your chocolate melted if it isn’t in the molten state, already. To do this combine the sugar, coffee, chocolate, butter and cocoa powder, all together and microwave. If a microwave is not readily available, heat the mixture over a pot with simmering water until everything is melted, completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt – make sure they combine well. Add the chocolate mixture you have to this dry ingredients and mix well.
- Furthermore, add the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla to the mixture and mix well until the ingredients are fully combined and batter, smooth.
- Pour the smooth batter into a pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the baked chocolate dump cake cool for 15 minutes in the pan. Thereafter, remove it onto a rack by inverting it so it cools off completely.
Once your cake is totally cool, you can proceed to slicing and serving. This is a chocolatey loaf that is buttery and delicious. It is brown (the appearance of brown chocolate) in color and this color spreads out throughout the loaf, with no particular difference between the outside and inner crust.
Cookies are usually crisp and crunchy goodies with golden brown looks. It is buttery and melts in your mouth softly. There are many sugar cookie recipes but I’ll be showing a very easy and versatile one – just perfect for beginners. It is a cut-out sugar cookie recipe.
Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Makes: approx., 20 medium-sized cut-out cookies
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 ½ cups softened unsalted better
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Preheat your oven to 350˚F. However, you might want to hold on because the prep time for this cookie is quite lengthy. So to conserve energy, preheat your oven when you are about to cut out the cookies (as in step 5 below).
- Into a medium bowl, sift the flour. Add the baking powder and salt then whisk gently to combine.
- Cream the butter with sugar in another bowl using a spatula or an electric mixer. Do this until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Usually it takes about 5 minutes when using an electric mixer but the manual method will take longer.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the butter-sugar mixture and mix well.
While mixing, always scrape the side of the bowl to make sure all the ingredients are evenly incorporated in the mixture.
- Now add the flour to the butter mixture. Mix the dough to a firm consistency – the dough must come together. With your hands, fold and form your dough into a lump and wrap in a plastic wrap, let it sit for 5 minutes. Thereafter, refrigerate for 1hour.
THIS IS THE POINT WHERE YOU MIGHT WANT TO PREHEAT YOUR OVEN.
- After the cookie dough must have been in the refrigerator for an hour, bring it out and roll the dough on a light floured surface to about half-inch thickness. Using your cookie cutters, cut the dough to your favorite shapes. The cut-outs should be transferred to a plain(ungreased) baking sheet while the scraps of the dough can be made into a whole one, rolled out and cut again.
- Bake until the cookies appear golden around the edges, this should be between 10-12 minutes. Once thoroughly baked, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let it cool completely before serving or decorating.
You will have crisp and delicious buttery cookies with golden brown edges and evenly soft texture. Taking bite into one of the cookies, you will observe layers of nicely baked dough.